Sweet Summer Time!

Sweet Summer Time!
New Found Love

Cloud Nine Rose

Cloud Nine Rose
Wish for Summer

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Knitting my first Shawl

Zauberball " Larch" Shawl
I've been working on knitting my first shawl. I just finished it about 1 1/2 weeks ago. I knit the "Larch" shawlette, which can be found on Raverly. My reason for taking this on was to get some practice knitting a pattern with a chart. I'm so proud of myself! I made mistakes and got off a bit as anyone can see. :) There is what my husband calls a "dragon tail twist" going on at the end of the triangle. I told him that it makes my shawl unique to me and my style! I used Zauberball sock yarn. The color is really more pinks, and purples. I haven't blocked it yet and am really thinking about not doing it. I love the rufflyness of it unblocked.
Now I feel almost ready for the "Pacific Northwest Shawl" but not quite.... I'm working on "Cedar Leaf" with some of my beautiful handspun that was given to me for Christmas by one of my son's.
Merino, Yak, Silk
I really can hardly wait to finish that and see the results of the hands-on.

No comments: