Sweet Summer Time!

Sweet Summer Time!
New Found Love

Cloud Nine Rose

Cloud Nine Rose
Wish for Summer

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Wednesday Prayers

I've been working on more new spinning. I'm working on a new fiber I've never spun before. It's Polwarth, and beautiful!!!!  It's like spinning butter. I also have been working in tufts of angora (Bunny Fur ) as I go. What will I make???? A prayer shawl. I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I have a friend who is hosting a workshop in December on knitting prayer shawls. She has several patterns. The idea is to knit one for some one who needs comfort in some way. They may have a health issue or just daily struggles with life. 
I really love the idea. I decided to spin my fiber for this project and pray as I spin. It feels so peaceful as I work. I'm not sure who will receive the shawl, but its cool to think about how much love will be put into the fibers. 

1 comment:

ChelleC said...

Okay, now you are really a woman after my own heart. Prayer shawl knitting is something I too enjoy doing. It has brought such fulfillment. I can't wait to see the shawls you make. Sometimes I feel the need to start one and don't even know who it will go to, but then the person appears.