Sweet Summer Time!

Sweet Summer Time!
New Found Love

Cloud Nine Rose

Cloud Nine Rose
Wish for Summer

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Working on Mom's Birthday Yarn

In honor of my Mom, I have spun her a birthday yarn. Her birthday is Sunday 10/10/10!!! She will be a young 75 years old. So I have spun her favorite colors. She loves the Reds, Oranges, Golds, and Greens. I have combined a beautiful combination of fibers just for her! I spun BFL/Tussah Silk in a fantastic orange/copper fiber from Dicentra Designs, then I received a mystery batt from an online SAL ( Uniquely Yours) they are on Raverly. Her batt contained a mixture of greens, yellows, rusts, and golds, with a bit of purple. It is made up of Merino/Romney,Mohair,BFL/Suffolk X, Nylon, Acrylic, Bamboo,Tencel, Silk Noil and Angelina fibers!!! 
I know thats a lot!!!! I wasn't sure what I would end up with but its fantastic!!!! 
2 ply, Sport weight, I knit a swatch so she could see it better, ok it was for me too!!! I was dyeing to check it out! 
Happy Birthday Momma!!! I love you, Love your crazy spinning knitting daughter :)

No comments: